Sealed bids opened: June 5, 1915
General Contract: J.P. O'Neil of Faribault - $13,327
Heating & Plumbing: John D. Roberts of St. Paul - $2,310
Architect: S.A. Wager of St. Paul - $500
First used for the Rice County Fair in September 1915.
Company D moved in October 1915.
Dedication: December 3, 1915. Governor Winfield S. Hammond was in attendance.
Due to insufficient funds, the building was not completed until 1922. $5000 was appropriated by the Minnesota legislature in 1921 to finish the interior.
Total cost: $22,915
The building was decommissioned in October 2015 and purchased by the current owners August 1, 2016. The garage of the armory was sold to Imminent Brewing. The remaining space contains a large event room, conference room, private offices, commercial kitchen, smaller event space, and a residential condominium.
One of the owner's fathers was called up to this armory to report for the Korean War.